Friday, November 22, 2013

Crash! Boom! Bang!

That's right...my computer has finally bit the dust! We knew it was only a matter of time but it is still a bummer. So I missed yesterday's post..today I dusted off the old laptop and to my surprise it still works YAY!

Now, let's get back to some Thanksgiving day talk. I was trying to think of ways to make my table extra special this year and I've decided to make my own place cards. I loved going to my mother-in-law's house each year and seeing the creative place cards she would make.  This year I want to do it too!

There are tons of great DIY ideas out there but I think I am going to do something more on the simple side. I'm shopping today for some heavy card stock and will use my decorative shears to trim the edges of the paper and maybe, just maybe, I will buy a "fancy" pen/marker too!

Here are some other ideas I really like and who knows, I may end up trying one of them out! I really like the wine cork card holder, and the idea of hole punching the name card and adding embellishments.
Place Cards in Cork

 I will post pics of mine once finished but for now, tap into your creative side and have fun! Check these ideas out from Better Homes and Garden:
http://www.bhg.com/thanksgiving/indoor-decorating/easy-to-make-place-cards-for-a-thanksgiving-table/#page=1





No comments:

Post a Comment