Thursday, November 14, 2013

Let the Countdown Begin!

So we have two weeks until Thanksgiving. One of my favorite holidays! This year I am really excited about being able to prepare a feast for my little family all by myself! So...I hope I can lend a few helpful tips to you along the way.

Menu planning begins. I want to have all the classic favorites but not so much that we waste a lot of food! To help determine just what will work on my table I always do a trial run of serving platters and place settings. Pick out which dishes will be served in/on what platters. Then set each table setting and arrange your platters so you can get a visual of what will work. Here is a picture I found over at Good Housekeeping and a few more tips that go right along with this topic:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/thanksgiving-ideas/easy-organizing-thanksgiving-table#slide-1

organized holiday dishes

Once you have the table setting down you are well on your way to having a stress free Thanksgiving day! Tomorrow I'll be sharing some tips on timing your feast....

No comments:

Post a Comment